Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sandman Final

Here is my completed sandman.I painted the original piece using acrylics and charcoal. Then scanned it into Photoshop. When I was in Photoshop I opened a new file and followed the steps from http://www.icanbecreative.com/how-to-create-realistic-sand-effect-in-photoshop.html which provided an easy tutorial to create a realistic sand effect. The sand is created using clouds, noise, and bas relief on two layers. I used the magnetic lasso and quick mask to separate part of my original piece ( the space section and sand) over onto the sand and placed it ( now a third layer) under the second layer to give it the blur and light effects. Then I used online pictures of animals and opened them in a new document and used the magnetic lasso and fill tool to create the deer silhouette. I was unaware on how to do a silhouette before this point and so I borrowed the bear and eagle silhouette from  online. It took a long time and quite a bit of confusion but I was finally able to create my idea of the sandman. The sandman is the master of dreams and my dream is to be an astronaut, cause space is cool. So voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment